Health & Safety
With the health and safety of customers and employees as the top priority, the property will adhere to all public health guidelines outlined by Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer of Health (CMOH), align with guidance from AGLC and implement stringent health and safety measures that have been deployed across the Gateway Casinos network.
During Stage 3, there will be a number of amenities for customers to enjoy on the spacious gaming floor including a wide variety of slot machines, the Replay Arena and table games (not including Poker). Starlight will offer increased hours of service operation at the popular authentic Asian noodle restaurant, Chow Lucky Noodle Bar and at the Nova Bar, located on the gaming floor. Both will offer a full selection of food and beverage options.
Maintaining a clean environment is a daily priority including cleaning all hard surfaces and high touch surfaces, such as door handles and tables. Under the current environment, Gateway is being hyper-vigilant with enhanced cleaning and sanitizing protocols throughout our properties to prevent the spread of transmittable illnesses, including COVID-19.
Gateway Health & Safety Promise
The health and wellbeing of our guests and employees is our top priority
- Our facilities continue to operate with the highest health & safety standards and will follow all public health officials’ guidelines to ensure that our facilities are clean, safe and healthy.
- New training given to employees, Charitable Workers and Cash Cage Advisors to ensure their own health and safety as well as others.
- All hard surfaces and high touch areas are sanitized frequently throughout the day.
- Employee wellness will be checked at the beginning of each shift and no employee is allowed in the facility with any flu-like symptoms.
- Our teams are washing their hands frequently with soap and water or with an alcohol-based hand rub for at least 20 seconds.
- All areas will be deep cleaned and sanitized at least once per day with continuous cleaning throughout the day.
- We have eliminated hand-to-hand contact with guests and co-workers (no handshakes, fist bumps, high-fives, etc.)
- We will continue to consult with the public health officials to ensure the health and wellbeing of our guests and employees.
What to Expect
By order of the Government of Alberta, beginning on September 20, 2021, we will be implementing the restrictions exemption program. Guests will be required to provide proof of vaccination or an approved negative test within 72 hours or documentation of a medical exemption to enter our casino.
Starting September 20, 2021, proof of single dose vaccination is required. By October 25, 2021, proof of double dose vaccination will be required. The requirement is in place until otherwise instructed by the Province of Alberta.
- Alberta Residents: Vaccine Confirmation, mobile or printed
- Canadian Visitors: Provincially/territorially officially recognized vaccine record
- International Visitors: Proof of vaccination used to enter Canada
- Proof of a privately-paid negative PCR or rapid test within 72 hours of service (tests from AHS or Alberta Precision Laboratories not allowed)
- Documentation of a medical exemption
- Guests will enter through the main casino entrance only.
- Casino occupancy will be limited to fire code.
- Self-provided face masks are REQUIRED. Customers may be asked to remove their face covering at entrances and as required on the gaming floor for identification purposes.
- Plexiglas barriers will be at security.
- Effective September 4, 2021, face masks are REQUIRED for all guests inside public spaces at Starlight Casino including all restaurants.
- Employees will be required to wear an approved mask while working at our properties.
- It is required that guests wear a face mask while inside the facility. Please bring your own mask when you visit.
- Due to our mandated closure all active promotions were cancelled or postponed effective March 16, 2020.
- All machines will be disinfected regularly, including attendants offering to sanitize machines for guests as they play.
- Hand sanitizer stations are readily available throughout the gaming floor.
- If you had a slot ticket that expired during the closure, it is redeemable at the cashier.
- All terminals will be operating in automatic mode without dealertainers at this time.
- VIP Table gaming is now located on the first floor.
- At this time, food and beverage will be offered at Nova Bar and Chow Lucky Noodle Bar only.
- Effective September 4, 2021by order of the Province of Alberta, all alcohol sales will end at 10:00 pm.
- Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish, Halley’s Club and The Buffet will remain closed until further notice.
- Self-Serve beverage stations will not be available upon opening.
- All live entertainment has been cancelled or postponed and Halley’s Club will remain closed until further notice.