Health & Safety
With the health and safety of customers and employees as the top priority, the property will adhere to all public health guidelines outlined by Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer of Health (CMOH), align with guidance from AGLC and implement stringent health and safety measures that have been deployed across the Gateway Casinos network.
There are a number of amenities for customers to enjoy on the spacious gaming floor including a wide variety of slot machines, the Replay Arena and table games (not including Poker). Starlight will offer a full selection of food and beverage options. at the popular authentic Asian noodle restaurant, Chow Lucky Noodle Bar and at the Nova Bar, located on the gaming floor.
Maintaining a clean environment is a daily priority including cleaning all hard surfaces and high touch surfaces, such as door handles and tables. Under the current environment, Gateway is being hyper-vigilant with enhanced cleaning and sanitizing protocols throughout our properties to prevent the spread of transmittable illnesses, including COVID-19.
Gateway Health & Safety Promise
The health and wellbeing of our guests and employees is our top priority
- Our facilities continue to operate with the highest health & safety standards and will follow all public health officials’ guidelines to ensure that our facilities are clean, safe and healthy.
- New training given to employees, Charitable Workers and Cash Cage Advisors to ensure their own health and safety as well as others.
- All hard surfaces and high touch areas are sanitized frequently throughout the day.
- No employee is allowed in the facility with any flu-like symptoms. Our teams are washing their hands frequently with soap and water or with an alcohol-based hand rub for at least 20 seconds.
- All areas will be deep cleaned and sanitized at least once per day with continuous cleaning throughout the day.
- We have eliminated hand-to-hand contact with guests and co-workers (no handshakes, fist bumps, high-fives, etc.)
- We will continue to consult with the public health officials to ensure the health and wellbeing of our guests and employees.
What to Expect
Proof of vaccination is not required. Effective February 8 at 11:59pm, Alberta will move to step one of the Alberta’s path back to normal plan, which includes the removal of the Restrictions Exemption Program.
The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) notes that vaccination is one of the most effective ways to help protect ourselves, our families and communities against COVID-19.
- Guests will enter through the main casino entrance only.
- Plexiglas barriers will be at security.
- Effective March 8th, masks are no longer required.
- Please visit our website for current promotions.
- All machines will be disinfected regularly, including attendants offering to sanitize machines for guests as they play.
- Hand sanitizer stations are readily available throughout the gaming floor.
- If you had a slot ticket that expired during the closure, it is redeemable at the cashier.
- All terminals will be operating in automatic mode without dealertainers at this time.
- VIP Table gaming is now located on the first floor.
- At this time, food and beverage will be offered at Nova Bar and Chow Lucky Noodle Bar only.
- Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish, Halley’s Club and The Buffet will remain closed until further notice.
- Self-Serve beverage stations will not be available.
- All live entertainment has been cancelled or postponed and Halley’s Club will remain closed until further notice.